August 8, 2010

The meanest mom ever


Well after a 6 month break from blogging I guess I will get back at it. I found (through a friend from work) a funny blog that I thought I would share. It is themeanestmom.blogspot.com I have only read one entry JULY 31 called EXPOSED...so funny! I think as mothers we need to remember to laugh at the crazy things that happen rather than stress about them! I wish that I would have done that more when I was a young mother...well and now that I am an old mother too! So today I am going to share a meanest mom ever story. I had taken Sara (6), Jacob (3) and Rachel (6mo) to the grocery store with me. As we walked up the isles of the store of course they (Sara & Jacob) kept asking for things, and whinning that they want to go home. They were fighting and running off. I finally couldn't take it anymore so I get in the check out line where they continue to fight. Jacob bites Sara on the butt, I am sure she had tortured him first, he yells at the top of his lungs "Sara bit my butt"...I was mortified. I couldn't get checked out fast enough. We went to the car; I loaded Rachel into the car and the groceries into the trunk. I got into the drivers seat and started the car. Sara and Jacob were standing out side the car knocking on the windows, saying "let us in!" "what about us?" I rolled down the window and said "yes children?" Sara said "Let us in." I replied, "why would I let you in, you are not my children?" Sara and Jacob in unison "we are your children, we are your children!!" I said, "Really? because my children don't act like you two did in the store". They said "we are sorry mom!" And of course I let them in.

I think every mom has had those moments where she felt like she was the meanest mom or her children proclaimed that she was the meanest mom. That is a difficult place to be at BUT in order to raise good kids a necessary place sometimes!

No comments: