September 9, 2009

Labor Day Weekend Cont.

Sunday morning Chris, the twins & I left for a long road trip. Chris dropped me off at Marty's. He & the boys met up with Chelsey & Taylor in Bountiful, then continued on to Pocatello, Idaho. While they were driving Marty, Mom, Lisa, Emily & I were busy being very domestic. We bottled salsa, peach salsa, stewed tomatoes, pears, fruit cocktail, jam and we made freezer jam. The day before they had bottled peaches. I was so tickled with our work. I have been wanting to learn to do this for a few years.
It was a great sense of accomplishment to see all those bottles at the end of the day. My grandma Colleen, Carla & Megan came over while we were working. They pitched in with a little elbow grease and words of encouragement. We worked from about 1 pm until 11pm. I am pretty sure that I ate almost as much peach salsa as we bottled. It was so delicious! We would celebrate each time we would hear a bottle pop as it sealed! It was a lot of work but it was also a lot of fun!

Chris & the Bishop kids stayed with Nikki in Pocatello. Thanks Nikki!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Laura said...

Looks sooooo pretty! Love new bottled fruit & veggies!