August 10, 2009

Does the ER give frequent flyer miles?

I haven't blogged for awhile because I just have not felt that great. 3 weeks ago I made Chris take me to the ER because I was having another gall bladder attack. This one lasted from about 2 am until they finally got me on drugs around 7 am. Needless to say when the Dr. suggested removing now rather than later, I was onboard! So they scheduled me for surgery at 6pm. The Dr. said everything was pretty routine, my gall bladder was not infected just inflammed and I had A LOT of gall stones. I took of work until the following Monday. That day (Monday) was the worst! I have never in my life had as much pain as I did that evening when I got home. I was suppose the feed the Missionaries but all I could do was fall into bed and wait for the pain pills to kick in. Everyday I feel a little better but I am still not great. Maybe I needed that gall bladder after all.
On the Sat. after my surgery, I went to pick up the girls, just getting back from girls camp. I notice that Taylor is walking on the side of her foot and limping. She had hit her middle toe on a rock the first day of girls camp. Her toe was swollen and VERY bruised! Chris took her to the ER. Thankfully it was just sprained (Although I don't think they do much for broken toes anyway), she was given a boot to wear for 3 days. Her toe is still slightly bruised but doing better as long as she doesn't bump it on anything.
Then last Wed. Chris dropped Jacob off at the house after Mutual and he comes hopping in the house. He had rolled his ankle on a soccer ball and couldn't walk on it. So off we went to the ER. The funny part about that trip was the radiology techs flirting with Jacob. He had only sprained it but has to stay off of it for 10 days. Now keeping him down is not easy!!!
So don't you think we deserve a punch card...buy 2 get one free...or frequent flyer miles or something?

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Umm, I would definitely say Yes! Isn't there something about bad things happening in 3's. Hopefully you're good for a while.