January 11, 2010

Dec. 25-27

Dec. 25th was a quite day. Chris and I celebrated by sleeping in...one of my favorite things to do by the way. And then we wrapped and wrapped and wrapped presents. We also went to see "Up In the Air" with George Clooney. It was kind of depressing but I got a good message from it. The message I got was that people that come into our lives do have an impact on us. Then we came home at watched "The Forgotten Christmas Carols". This had the same message...or it was the message that I got from it. This got me thinking about my children and how each of them have special gifts and lessons they teach me. (More about this later) On the 26th we invited my parents to go to the movie "Sherlock Holmes" and then we came home and made a yummy Ham dinner. The kids arrived...AND NOW IT WAS REALLY CHRISTMAS. We ate our dinner and gathered around the tree. Before we started with the frenzied opening of presents I wanted to let them know what special gift they had given me. I started with my parents. My mom is testimony. I have always know that she had a testimony and it has been a souce of comfort for me. There are times in my life that I leaned heavily on her testimony. My dad is service. I have always watched my dad doing good things for others. He is just that way. He has helped our family many times...especially when things have broken down. Next was Mike (Chris' dad). For him I chose leadership. He is a leader with his family and at work. And Debbie (Mike's wife) was caring. The Bishop's are a big crew and she has tried to get to know everyone and connect with them. Chris gives the gift of patience. He is so slow to temper and helps ground me and keep me from getting to impatient. As for Sara she brings happiness. When she is around...there will be laughter and sunshine. Chelsey is obedience...she chooses the right. It is such a comfort to know that your children are making good choices. Jacob is strength. I feel stronger when he is around, almost like a protector. For Tony I chose humor. He has a very suttle sense of humor and he can say such funny things at the most unexpected times. Taylor's gift is friendship. She is such a great example of friendship. She makes friends every where she goes. Rachel Is motivation...I have never met a person more motivated than her. If she decides that she is going to do something...there is no stopping her. For John I chose loyalty. He is such a great example of loyalty to me. I closed with bearing my testimony of how we have a responsibility to share our gifts with others, because Jesus shared the ultimate gift with us.
This wasn't the biggest, best Christmas we have had but I hope that it is still a memorable one for them!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: