October 3, 2009

Feasting!

Today was a feast! It was a spiritual feast and a dutchoven feast! And I loved it! We watched General Conference today, it was full of wonderful messages about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to have a prophet on the earth today to be a mouth piece for our Heavenly Father. One theme that stuck out in my mind is that God loves us and he is mindful of us. I know that is true because I have felt it in my own life!
The other feast...dutchoven cooking by my dad! It is so good, it is impossible not to stuff yourself. He made his famous chicken wings & cheesy potatoes. He cooked a carrot cake (that Amanda mixed up) in the dutchoven as well. Mom & Clint made homemade ice cream. And Clint grilled corn on the cob! Oh yeah...is your mouth watering yet?
We celebrated Dawn's birthday because she couldn't be with us the day of her birthday...although we did party that day!

I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful family and the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life...Today was a wonderful feast!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: