October 5, 2009

I hope they call me on a mission...

Last month Chris had a mini mission reunion, with a few missionaries that served in Chile the same time that he did. I didn't get a chance to blog about it and the pictures I took turned out very blurry. So, I decided that I would post a few pictures from his mission. Chris had to learn to speak Spanish (of course) and when he first arrived in Chile he could not understand most of what people where saying to him. His companion was from Chile and didn't know English. This must have been very difficult. They baptized people in the ocean. You can see in the upper right hand corner one of the Elders is dripping wet. While Chris was serving in Chile there was a very large earthquake. He says that it was very wierd watching and feeling the earth shake. Chris was asked to serve when the mission calls were 18 months, while he was out the Church extended the calls back to 2 yrs. He was given the opportunity to choose if he wanted to stay the extra 6 months. He served an extra 5 months, and came home in December. I know Chris felt that his mission was a great experience spiritually and I am sure in other ways as well. I hope our sons will follow his example and serve a mission.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: