July 8, 2009

4th of July 2009, Adventure Series Part 3

Once we changed into our church clothes we drove to South Jordan to tour the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. We had reservations for 3:50 pm, we arrived at 3:00 and soon realized that reservations were useless. I am sure it was because of the holiday but, WOW there were a lot of people there in line to see the temple. The kids practiced patience. It was rather warm and we had no idea we would be waiting nearly 2 hours just to get inside. I think it was worth it. It is not an experience that you will soon forget. One of the cool things about this temple is you can see 2 other temples from here. The Jordan River Temple and the Draper Temple. When I was a teenager, I got to tour the Jordan River Temple and attend the dedication.





Waiting in line...this is a sneaky pic. John & Tony usually turn away if they know that I am taking a picture.



This is right when we were getting in line.
After the temple we went to eat at Applebee's.
Isn't this a great adventure so far?





1 comment:

Mandi Roth said...

Beautiful temple. Glad you got to go. You got some beautiful pictures. I am so jealous. We should have done that when we were there. I totally didn't even think about it. :( I love reading about your vacation..